13 Stats About Online Reviews That Will Transform Your Business
The numbers don’t lie! Keep these facts in mind when planning your online presence strategy!
- 92% of consumers now read online reviews vs. 88% in 2014
- 90% of people say online reviews influence their purchase decisions
- 88% of people trust online reviews from strangers as much as personal recommendations
- 92% of people will hesitate to do business with companies with less than four out five stars
- 40% of consumers form an opinion by reading just one to three reviews vs. 29% in 2014
- Star rating is the number one factor used by consumers to judge a business
- 44% say a review must be written within one month to be relevant. (Proving the importance of having recent reviews)
- 61% are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile optimized site
- In 2016, 13.5% of online reviews mention the words “friendly” or “rude,” and 26.8% talk about the service!
- 95% of consumers suspect censorship or faked reviews when they don’t see bad scores
- Consumers who read reviews on a smartphone are 127% more likely to buy than those who read reviews on desktops
- Reviews produce an average of 18% uplift in sales
- If a business resolves its issue quickly and efficiently, 95% of unhappy customers returns back to your business